Welcome to part two (of two) of my Xbox repair experience. See part one here.
6.19.2008 – My Xbox arrives unannounced. I become excited as I realize what is in the box, and the UPS guy backs away slowly.
Here’s what it came back with:
I marked my original unit before I sent it off, so I’d know if I got the same one back. I did (three dots).
There’s a bit of a DRM issue to deal with when you first get a box back. I ignored the instructions, and had to update games as I played them – but it wasn’t a big deal at all, just a one-time thirty-second delay for each game. (Click for a big picture)
The repaired Xbox is working extremely well. Not only is the RRoD issue gone, rendering the unit playable, the sticky drive tray is working smoothly. Overall, the box crashes less. In a way, I’m happy it failed and was repaired since it’s so much better now – even though it was lame to have the thing gone for three weeks. However, having spent $0.00 on the repair and receiving a free month of Xbox Live helps.